"Untunglah kaya"

Even it is in joking tone, it still irk me so much. Because i know that travelling is a luxury for me. I work for it to happen. It is definitely not a last minute plan.

I usually plan my trip a year before. Too early?? I don't think so. It give me enough time to breath and properly plan my financial flow. Of course original plan will not be the same with the final plan but that make excitement of planning a trip, make you look forward to the good times ahead! Well, there is the famous saying 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail'. After financing myself for awhile, I learned that it is very important to prioritize things since I couldn't afford everything with my fresh grads salary.

Save RM10,000 and spend it in all at once for travel seems impossible for me. Unexpected thing might come and I may having temptation to change my mind on the very last seconds. So I make sure to have a goal and timeline.

Timeline that I usually follow (click for clear image)


So the trick is :

1. Have a realistic goal. Ukur baju dibadan sendiri.

2. Start saving as you do your research. Know your saving target and where to spend the money first. For example, I decided to book the flight ticket first cause normally the ticket price will just go up and won't go any cheaper. Then move to accommodation and transport.

3. Be a diligent researcher, do not settle in one place. Check every single website, make google your beloved bestfriend. Don't afraid to ask around, use referral links, join facebook group for tips

4. Do not go too far off the margin.You can be flexible, just make sure give range to it. Be wise, darling.

5. Subscribe to all related newsletter. And do check every 2 weeks. You will never know when they drop the promotion with good bargain price. Take advantage of Air Asia free seat or MAS deals of the day.

6. Consistent is the key. I have a travel fund and fill it every month without fail. So you do need to be discipline if you were to follow this plan. Maybank have goal saving plan feature that you could utilize to help you reach your target consistently.



Travelling should be a happy and relaxing occasion not something burdening. I never believe in owing money just for travel. That is why I make plan to help me sort out everything properly.